What does CCSA stand for?
CCSA stands for Cooked Community Supported Agriculture. We developed our CCSA in order to support local farmers and provide our customers with local and organic food that is already prepared and frozen for convenient use.
Simply thaw and gently reheat.
How does it work?
Our farmers tell us what they have available and what they need us to buy. We use this produce to create the prepared goods as well as provide you with organic fresh produce. You sign up for 3 months at a time and receive 2 pick-ups per month.
The pick-up is at the cafe on previously agreed upon dates. We will send you a reminder via email. The prepared foods are designed to feed 1-2 people. If you have a larger family, we are happy to double up on items to provide more of one particular dish.
Your membership provides multiple benefits for your family and the community!
- Farmers get a secure market and this helps keep them in production. In time we hope that the number of shareholders is large enough to create a buying block! We are committed to paying the farmers a fair price for their goods.
- You get food that is easy to use at home, and you even get serving suggestions on some of the labels to make it even easier!
- You have our personal guarantee that the ingredients we use are either local or organic with no harmful additives.
- You get the satisfaction of knowing that you are supporting the local farming community, our environment, and the local economy!
Each pickup you will receive:
- 4 quart sized bags of frozen prepared food weighing 12-16 oz. These items vary every pick-up and may be dishes such as curries, soups, and salsas.
- 2 ready to eat dishes such as salads, dips, and sides.
- Approximately $15 worth of farm-fresh goods.
All of the meals are vegetarian, gluten-free, and largely dairy free.
We can only accept cash and check for CCSA payments:
$120 plus tax per month
$360 plus tax for 3 months
Please contact Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up or for more information!